R. Craig Collins >
Web Page Design >
Portfolio > Florida
Florida 2000 ©
R. Craig Collins, 2000/2007
After returning from my trip to Rice university in Houston,
the whole family visited the Florida Collins family during the 2000 4th of July
weekend; after a dismal experience flying in, we took advantage of the opportunity
to see some of the local attractions as well.
- Saturday: Waco to Dallas, to St. Louis, to Orlando, including missed connections and reroutes.
- Sunday: finally get our luggage, and over to my father's home. We got the grand tour of the area, including Wakiva Springs State park and some of the lakes and rivers.
Wakiva Springs State park
- Monday: Universal Studios
- Tuesday: Kennedy Space Center
Gracie and Diane by the 'Rocket Farm'
Viewed a mockup and real components of Space Station
Watched an IMAX film about shuttles
Visited the VAB and launch gantries
Visited the original launch control
Gracie and Diane in the Apollo/Saturn V museum (they touched a moon rock, too)
Visited the Apollo/Saturn V museum theatres and 'saw' a landing
Went throught the Liberty Bell 7 exhibit
Finished the day with the family, jumping on a trampoline, eating hot dogs from the backyard grill, and playing with sparklers.
- Wednesday: Return to Waco